5 Best Road Trips to Australia
Jan 14, 2019 / Category : Inspiration
If you are planning to visit Australia or you are already living in Australia and planning for an amazingly exciting trip then just pack your bags and throw them in a camper van and get ready to explore Australia’s well-kept, open roads beckon and astounding landscapes. Australia is one of the best place to go on a road trip as there are many astonishing landscapes to visit. Here, I got you 5 best road trips to Australia :
- Road trip from Perth to Exmouth; the adventure of driving from north of Perth to Exmouth will give chills in your body. Wilderness of landscapes and straight roads from all the way of north of Perth to West coast punctuated with astonishing geological features and empty yet one of the world’s best beaches will make it a memorable trip. You can have fun at Lancelin where you can enjoy sand boarding in the humps or you can also opt for off-roading in truck sized 4x4. Stop by at Kalbarri National Park view the amazing wildlife, Z- bend lookout, Abseil Murchison George and ride on horseback to view the picturesque estuary at Big River Ranch. It is best for desert adventures. Stop at Coral bay to view Australia’s second largest reef which is 50 m to the Ningaloo reef.
- A trip to Fraser Island; Fraser Island (native name K’gari) is a world heritage listed island. It is 250 kilometres from north of the state capital, Brisbane. It is the largest island on the East Coast of Australia. This island has more than 100 lakes. It is famous for its beaches the East Coast of this island also functions as the main highway and an air strip for small plains. So keep an eye on the air while roaming around the area. Do not miss to notice the eerie remains of shipwrecked SS Maheno, Indian Head, champagne pools and the outflow of Eli creek. Also visit the inland area of small town of Eurong where you can swim through the cleanest waters in the world. The popular tourist attraction here is Lake Mackenzie, a perched lake which is sitting on top of dense sand and vegetables matter 100 meters above the sea. The temperature here is very mild and is not subjected to hot weather due to the influence of oceans.
- The Great Alpine Road; take a journey through Victoria’s great Alpine road from Wangaratta in the north East right across to Metung and explore the eye astonishing serene Gippsland Lakes. A 339 km escapade of Australia’s highest year round accessible sealed roads explore the journey to Victoria’s diverse landscapes, lofty mountains, lush forests, down plugging valleys, vineyards and farmlands. Stay on the great Alpine road to and visit Mount Buffalo Park, enjoy ride on horseback. Choose fresh local produce to dine and enjoy award winning cool climate wines or make your own lunch with a fishing line in mountain stream. Choose any season to travel this road and experience amazing scenery and breath taking views.
- Coastal View of Great Ocean Road, Victoria; plan a few days drive to explore this place, do not rush to see 12 Apostles as many tourists do. Slow down a little and take your time to explore and appreciate what this drive has to offer. The Great Ocean trip is world widely famous as the best drives on this planet. A 250 kilometre drive to Warrnamabool offers everything that you crave for a road trip, waterfalls, wildlife, and jaw dropping Coastal sceneries, hiking and beach side towns. Apart from 12 apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell national park, and Apollo bay are main tourist attractions.
- Red Centre Way, Northern Territory; your list of road travel of Australia is unsatisfactory and incomplete without visiting the outback. Ditch the Stuart highway between Uluru and Alice springs and opt for Red Centre Way to discover gorges, canyons, astounding landscapes, camping and hiking tails of West MacDonnel Ranges. Take time to explore Kata Tjuta and take in the wonder of Uluru, Kings Canyon and Glen Helen Gorge to make your travel memorable.