Things to do in Gold Coast
May 05, 2022 / Category : destination
Travelling is an experience that adds so many flavours to our mundane lives. Deciding on a good vacation spot is tough but finding fun things to do on your vacation is even tougher. If you are planning to Travel to Gold Coast for a vacation and looking for some unique ideas on how to spend your time then you are at the right place.
A metropolitan region located on Australia’s east coast; the Gold Coast is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Australia. Whether you are young or old, this place will bring a smile to your face. From extravagant entertainment options to exotic wildlife, you can pretty much find everything fun here. There are amusement parks as well as museums to keep your vacation days busy.
Go through our hand-curated list of exciting things to do on the Gold Coast and plan a dream vacation.
- Dreamworld: Let’s begin with the most exciting place on the Gold Coast, Dreamworld. It is the most famous theme park in Australia offering a bucket full of adventure, fun, food and entertainment. Thousands of people visit it every year and have a time of their life. You will find amusing rides such as rollercoasters, a chance to take pictures with movie characters like Shrek and Kung fu panda, along with giant swimming pools. The water park has some amazing water rides to cool down on a warm day. If you feel hungry during the day, then the place also offers lip-smacking food or you can stop for a cup of coffee at one of many cafes on the premises. In addition to the amusement park, it is also a wildlife conservation park. You can get a chance to see tigers as well at the famous tiger island. In addition to all this, there are so many activities such as birdwatching, walking and gift shopping that you can indulge in. Make sure to book your tickets in advance to avoid any last-minute surprises.
- Tallebudgera creek: Famous for great fishing, the Tallebudgera Creek is situated in the southeast region of the Gold Coast. It covers a total area of around 98 square kilometres. The place is all about picnicking, camping, fishing and chilling. There is a huge campground where locals have been camping for generations and it is so famous that you can also find luxury waterfront villas. The creek is also said to be home to bull sharks but it is very rare to spot them. The river is otherwise quiet, peaceful and safe for swimming. As named by the aboriginals, the Tallebudgera creek is also known as ‘good fishing’. Surfing is also an option while you are here. Just a short walk toward the beach and surfers can find decent sized waves for surfing. Apart from all that, you can participate in activities like kayaking, swimming or fishing. And while you are here, do not miss having a lavish meal at the famous Club Talle located in the Tallebudgera Surf lifesaving club.
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre: If you are a shopaholic and love to explore foreign markets then this is the place to be. This place is the one-stop destination for shoppers and food lovers. There are around 400 stores in the complex, with a blend of luxurious brands and affordable shops. Apart from the long list of stores, it has a lively outdoor ambience and beautiful landscaping everywhere. From Louis Vuitton to Gucci, all high-end luxury brands have their stores here. But if you are on a budget then don’t worry, the complex also has stores of more affordable brands such as H&M and Zara. The centre offers free Wi-Fi, luggage lockers, prayer rooms and plenty of parking space to the visitors. Along with all this, there are numerous options for dining with some of the best restaurants in the area and the food court is just as good if you want to grab a quick bite. You can easily get here with the free shuttle service from the Main beach. Trust us, you won’t regret being here for a full day and will probably go back with hands full of shopping bags.
- Carrara Markets: Carrara Market is the best choice out of the places to be on Gold Coast on a weekend. This permanent weekend market is famous for unusual and out of the box items on sale. From homeware to fashionable clothes, from fresh produce to pots and plants, the market is essentially a fun day trip full of pleasant surprises. It has been a very famous tourist destination on the Gold Coast for a long time. It is easy to reach, offers free parking and has many restaurants and bars. Apart from shopping, there are many fun activities available here such as face painting, trampolines, and mini-golf. Pony rides and baby animal farms are also available for kid’s entertainment. The market is open every weekend from 7 am till 3 pm. The market spreads across 10 acres and usually, there are around 300 stalls in the place.
- Whale watching: How can your trip to the Gold Coast be complete without witnessing the majestic beauty of whales. Join the marine adventures and sail off the coast to watch whales in their full glory. It is an experience that will shake you to the core and leave you awestruck for the rest of the trip. The humpback whales are most commonly seen during the annual migration. If you are travelling from June to early November then make sure not to miss out on this once in a lifetime experience to appreciate the elegance of these gorgeous creatures. If you are afraid of wasting your money then don’t worry, most of the cruises come with a 100% guarantee of spotting a whale while you venture into the sea. The ships leave from the Gold Coast Broadwater, which is easily accessible from most parts of the area. You can find great deals if you book in advance as there are many companies that offer these tours.
- Gold Coast Wax Museum: With more than 110 wax sculptures, this is one of the largest museums in Australia. It is located in a town named Surfer’s Paradise and is a huge crowd puller for Gold Coast. The museum houses life-size wax statues of presidents, prime ministers, Royal Family members, famous artists and entertainers. You get a chance to stand next to some of the most famous people from the fields of science, art, politics, sports and many more. The sculptures are of superior quality and almost lifelike. These are crafted by some of the famous names in the world and can give any other top museum in the world a run for its money. If you are not travelling with children then we would recommend you visit the Chamber of Horrors, which recreates some of the most gruesome events in human history. It will surely give you goosebumps and leave you with an unsettling feeling. Overall, it is a place you can spend time while visiting the Gold Coast.
- SkyPoint Observation Deck: A must-visit destination when you are in the Gold Coast, the sky point observation deck offers a marvellous view. The observation point located at the height of 230 meters offers an unmatched 360-degree view of the Gold Coast skyline. Apart from unparalleled views, the deck also has a museum, a weather station, a lounge bar etc. When you enter the building, a high-speed elevator takes you to the 77th floor in just 43 seconds, where you can enjoy the view. Apart from this, SkyPoint Climb is an external building walk. This is a one and a half hour climb full of adrenaline but will cost you some extra bucks. Don’t worry about the safety as all the guests are properly harnessed before making the walk to the top of the tower. It is one of the famous tourist destinations on the Gold Coast and a must-visit if you are in the town. There are cafes and restaurants in the vicinity if you need some break from the adrenaline rush. Also, if you are a party person then the deck can be a happening party destination with great music, each weekend as it has a high-altitude lounge bar.
- Warner Bros movie world: If you are on Gold Coast then you cannot miss this Warner brother movie world theme park. It is a perfect place to spend time with your family when vacationing in Australia. Being the only movie-based theme park in Australia, the place attracts millions of tourists each year. There are superhero-themed rides such as the superman escape and batwing space shot along with many live shows and events. You must watch the Hollywood stunt drivers perform daredevil stunts and take a ride on the thrilling roller coasters. During specific periods of the year, special events are also hosted such as the Fright nights during Halloween and White Christmas during the Christmas. So, if you are travelling during any of these holidays then make sure to visit the park and spend a memorable time with your family. The Park also has movie exhibitions such as the recently inaugurated Batman legacy, based on the Batman films. There are plenty of fun rides, especially for kids such as Looney Tunes Carousel, junior driving school and Roadrunner roller coaster. The Park can get a little crowded during peak hours or holiday time, so make sure to book your tickets in advance and skip the queue at the entrance. Also, carry water bottles and umbrellas if visiting during summer as it can get hot during the day.
- Springbrook National Park: The Springbrook National Park is a 6000-hectare protected national park situated on the Gold Coast. It is accessible by car located around 100 km from Brisbane. It is also a UNESCO world heritage site. There are multiple sections of the park that are worth exploring. If you enjoy mountains then you can explore the Mount Cougal section which has two peaks. Although there is no track that directly scales the peaks, you can explore the surrounding beauty and creeks on foot. Also, there is a Springbrook Plateau section which has multiple trails that offer stunning views of several waterfalls. The natural bridge section is named after a natural rock formation like a bridge over the cave creek in the section. The cave is home to glow worms and various boat tours at night to see the worms generate bioluminescence to attract their prey. You can have a picnic with your family at several beautiful spots in the park and it can be a relaxed day to spend with nature.
- Surfer’s paradise beach: Last but not the least, the surfer’s paradise beach is a must-visit if you are in Australia. After all, Australians are all about surfing and this beach is the perfect destination for some fun water activities. This is a three-kilometre-long beach that is extremely clean, full of picturesque stretches, restaurants and shops. It is perfect for a laid-back day at the beach, just soaking in the sun and relaxing. The white sand is a perfect distraction for kids as they build sandcastles or else, they can enjoy a swim in the shallow water. There are numerous cafes and restaurants offering satiating food and shops for picking up souvenirs for home. You can also find people surfing across the beach and you can easily find an instructor to try for yourself. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best beaches in Australia and should not be missed.
In a nutshell, make your visit to the Gold Coast a successful vacation by visiting these amazing places. If you are worried about planning and managing the whole trip, then contact a reputed travel agency that can take care of all your troubles.
Let the professionals take all the headaches to book cheap flights to Gold Coast, arrange the best accommodation and book all adventures in advance. So, get in touch with a professional travel agency to book yourself a holiday that you deserve.